View Single Post
      07-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
drivendriver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E83 X3

If you are much faster than most drivers in your group, then I think you should move up. The risk of a mishap in your group because of the speed differential may not be lower than in the upper group. If the speed differential between you and the rest of the group is too high, then it can be a safety issue, and it can make the other drivers uncomfortable. Also, I think it's safer to let faster people go than to pass less experienced and less aggressive drivers. I think aggressive drivers often have a higher level of awareness.

You should ask yourself what you can improve to be competitive in the next group.

I actually declined a couple of promotions, but I wasn't the fastest in my group. At my last event, I was one of only two drivers in my group on street tires and brake pads. My instructor wanted me to take the promotion test. I declined because I felt I wasn't fast enough yet. But a few days later I ordered track tires and brake pads, because I felt that's what I needed to be competitive in the upper group.

Last edited by drivendriver; 07-29-2010 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0