parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
i read that around 300 analysts work through the internet data that is captured. given there are 7 billion people in the world, these people are not collecting parking tickets.

when you are looking for needles in haystacks, being able to capture the internet is an incredible capability, i must admit while i assumed interception was possible and being done by our nsas, i have been impressed at the scale of the technical achievement that has been leaked.
GCHQ were actively recruiting when I graduated from university. I toyed with the idea of applying, then decided I didn't really want to be an analyst.

I've always known that they (and their counterparts around the world) have access to pretty much everything that is transmitted electronically - phone calls, text messages, emails, internet, everything. As someone else said above, that doesn't bother me in the slightest, I have nothing to hide.

I would far rather have them monitor EVERYTHING and hope they pick up vital intelligence that could avert a major disaster, than have them bound by red tape and risk them missing it.

As for Snowden, no, he shouldn't have done what he did, but I wouldn't class him as a traitor for it.