View Single Post
      06-17-2021, 09:12 AM   #7
acre22f90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
I have good quotes from Carvana and Carmax, however I’m concerned about the following statement that appears on the bmw financial payoff instructions: “please note: this payoff is intended for you. This payoff will not be honored if sent by a third party or dealership “. Was this an issue for you? How do I get around this when Carvana says they plan to pay the payoff amount and pay me the rest? Also wondering if you had to pay any state taxes?
I know Audi stands pretty strict by this rule, not allowing you to get the favorable buyout price if going to third party or dealer. Can't say for certain that BMW cares.

As far as tax, obviously If you buy the car it applies. But if going to a dealer, the only money that touches your hands is the difference in the amount (in the form of a check from the dealer a bit after the deal). Dealers will communicate directly with BMWFS for the purchase upon your permission.