View Single Post
      03-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Amnizu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 502 of 740

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAM View Post
Are you able to save the custom tune onto the AP and go between that and OTS maps? Have you used the OTS maps? I had heard that OTS maps usually run rich or lean because they are so generic, you ever run into any issues running OTS maps? Can they do any damage to the motor or car?
OTS is conservative in their mapping. I've never heard of a case of a OTS Cobb map ever running lean. Rich perhaps, but there is a much lower risk running rich than lean.

The AP allows you to switch between maps either through a re-flash which saves the settings to the cars flash memory or on the fly which allows you to switch between maps without a re-flash while driving. I personally am unsure how well the on the fly changing actually works. So to answer you question, yes, you can store multiple maps (I presently have 10+ on my cobb AP) that you can switch between with ease. I typically will switch between a conservative 19 PSI map for DD in my WRX and a 21 PSI aggressive map for track / auto x events.

As with any mod there are risk you will be running higher boost levels and putting out more power than manufactures specs. Risk with the Cobb AP OTS stage 1 map is pretty low but YMMV.
Appreciate 0