FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
Very well said...
Don't you need some kind of insurance because im sure their is liability issues if something happens (even in a empty parking lot). As much as i wish you can just bring cones to a huge and completely empty parking lot, i think it requires a lot more then just "hey lets go make our own autocross". If it WAS that simple, im sure more people would do it.

I look forward to the responses here.
Yes, you absolutely need to have insurance. There is a tremendous amount of liability insurance associated with such an event. This is why clubs such as BMW CCA have MEMBERSHIP fees.. which PAY THE INSURANCE COMPANIES so we can have REAL events.

And I hasten to point out, what SHOULD make an autocross fun... is learning. Car control. Weight transfer. Inertia management. If you're new to the autocross world, start out with proper instruction and build GOOD habits, rather than reinforce bad ones. Learn proper seating position. Learn proper hand position and steering techniques. Learn how to look down the circuit and learn how to use one turn to set yourself up for the next one. Learn with an instructor. To do anything less is merely an exercise in burning gas and rubber with the potential for a not so good "end."

The concept of this thread concerns me. It goes right alongside the juvenile behavior of street racing and "kills" with other young drivers in ad-hoc drag competitions. More kids going fast who think they know how to drive... and simply do not.

-Daniel
Appreciate 0