SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I bought a couple of the same hooks from ECS Tuning and installed them in her car. They've worked great for almost six years.

At ECS Tuning they offer a variety of Audi/VW bag hooks with widely varying prices depending on whether you order a set with screws or not (just search for "grocery bag hooks"). I used my own self-tapping sheet metal screws because the Audi screws won't work. I think that the Audi screws are designed to screw into pre-existing screw holes. Just get the hook without screws and buy a pouch of #8 x 3/4 in. pan head phillips head sheet metal screws at Home Depot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmooiweer View Post
The Audi/VW hooks come with nuts and bolts, which would be hard to use in an M3. Looks like you simply used sheet metal screws? Based on your experience with your M4, do they hold up with usage over time?
They worked in my wife's 335is for over 7 years until we sold it in December. I removed the hooks and screws and re-installed them in her new M3 last month. The hooks in my M4 were installed 2 years ago. No reason why they won't work for years.

Appreciate 0