Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Great post Gerifix. My only anticipated problem is that you mentioned that the flash drive doesn't play 320kbps files, which is the main file I download. Is this a limitation of just that flash drive or every flash drive on the market?
Hi X. It isn't the flash drive that is the issue. The limitation I mentioned comes from the M3 manual (page 170 on mine) and says something like:

"Depending on the configuration of the audio files, e.g. bit rates greater than 256 KBit/s, perfect playback cannot be ensured in every case."

This is referring to the cars DA converter and would apply as much to an iPod as a flash drive (unless you were using the iPod via the AUX-in jack, that is you were using the iPods DAC).

Anyway (to test this out), I made a few 320 kbs mp3 and wma files last night and can report that they all played fine in the car. I also discovered that iDrive will also list files by artist, album, genre if you wish. The setting is on the same line as the "directory structure" in the pic above.
Appreciate 0