Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr927 View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm looking at ordering a 435 M Sport in December and I'm going back and forth on whether to get a 435i or xDrive. I'm leaning towards a 435i because it costs a bit less, it's lighter and sits lower. My only concern is straight line traction. From what I've seen, the xDrive has better 0-60 numbers due to the outstanding traction but I also see some owners complaining that the xDrive doesn't handle as good due to the softer suspension. I'm concerned that the 435i throwing all the power to the right rear will just haze the tire from a standing start. If I do go with the 435i, I could always have the M Sport LSD installed.

I guess what I'm asking for is some feedback from 435 owners. Do any 435i owners have traction issues?

The good ole question of xDrive versus RWD. There are a million threads on this.

Your concern is unusual, you want xDrive for the straight line traction improvement.

The bottom line is for daily driving the differences between the two vehicles are equivocal - and enthusiasts will argue night and day that there is drastic difference.

The question becomes whether you want to bring your car to the track. And if you are considering that, the next question would be, why you are purchasing a 435, when you could get a better M235 for cheaper, or a better M4 for just slightly more.

You can always make the xi suspension and right height close to the RWD model, but you can never add all-wheel-drive to the RWD model.
Appreciate 0