04-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #18
supersam
Da Baus
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 6MT, RA, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammitcubs View Post
I'm currently in phase 1 of my protection plan. I have just put on the opti-coat. After this completed, i will need to find someone that will do the XPEL wrap for me on the front.

In my opinion, I would seal and wrap.
Many recommend if you're doing the bare minimum initially, do the film wrap on the front end. The rationale being any 'coating' won't do you favors when it comes to rock chips and real paint protection. If you get a film first on the front end+rockers, at least you've covered the highest risk areas for debris impact.

Since there are precuts available for the whole car, you can xpel the whole car in stages ( stage 1 front+rockers, stage 2 doors/rear fenders, stage 3 roof and rear). Although many argue that the roof should be part of stage 1 since our cars are low and the front half of the roof is a front-facing impact zone. I haven't quite heard of putting film over a coat, I usually hear the other way around with film then coat.

I have xpel ultimate applied to the whole car with the precuts, and ceramic pro over it. Additionally ceramic pro on the wheels, calipers, and ceramic pro rain on the windshield. Lmk if you got any q's about my experience thus far (it hasn't been long haha)
E46 330ci --> S54 M3 xplant vzv 3bananas (retired)
Appreciate 1