Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i LBlue Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Here we go with the stereotypes and name calling. Snobbery much?

The BMW M owners are probably more poseurs than the "Badge chasing" 320i owners with leatherette. I bet the later are more enthusiasts than the former.

And having driven a F30 320i a few years back, I found it to be a fun car and more true to its roots than any other more powerful F30 3er of the time. Light on its feet, practical and it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than the other way around.

Let's stop the personal attacks against a group of owners that some here perceive here to be in it just for the badge. In other words, get off your proverbial high horses!
That came out of nowhere. It is fact that the 2GC takes over the spot in the market that the poverty base model 3-series occupied. The cheapest entry to the brand always attracts the biggest badge chasers.

These are the types of people who explain BMW's downfall from grace when it comes to sheer driving engagement, so yeah I'm going to be an elitist and talk shit on them.
Well, that was quite a fun little back-and-forth there. Now, everybody put away the BS. No one should generalize any one group, be elitist, or call anyone poseurs. Good on those who can actually afford these cars, let alone any car. It just belittles everyone involved and does not accomplish anything.

That said... I do hope BMW reconsiders future projects in this market segment. This car is not the way forward.
Appreciate 0