01-15-2020, 06:03 AM   #77
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
The x2 M35 weighs about 150lbs more and dynos at 299 whp. With a lower center of gravity and less weight, this will be a really good drive (comparatively speaking). Not sure why people hate on these FWD-based models so much, they drive really well. BMW isn't forgetting it's RWD roots, it just needs cars to raise their MPG average and I think these deliver.

The only eye-brow raiser I see is the fact that this car only has a top speed of 130 when the top speed of the x2 m35 is 155 lol
My sister has an X2. It drives like total garbage. Never once did I think "this drives well" when driving it.

We hate on FWD BMWs because they have gone way too far away from what a BMW should be. These aren't BMWs they are marketing exercises made for people who can't or don't care about what a true BMW should be.

Most importantly these were made to cut costs...building small RWD cars like the original 1-series cost almost as much as building a 3-series but with less profit. Enthusiasts aren't evaluating cost cutting we evaluate how things drive...