View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 09:11 AM   #41
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

So in typical forum fashion, let's ignore the facts/reality and comment on with half witted tribal slogans.

If you read the reviews of the M135i hatch, which shares the mechanicals with this sedan, you'd find out that it's handling is (unanimously? or at least mostly) considered excellent/very good/superb depending on the reviewer. Many of these reviewers went in with low expectations and prepared to be disappointed, because they mostly liked the previous RWD version. All of them came out super impressed by the new car, and some say it handles better than the old RWD version. Gasp.

So at the very least, there is sufficient material out there to cast doubt that it's an abomination. After all, Mini's are fun to drive, I know that much. We should all perhaps test drive it first before rendering verdict.

In case you think I have some interest in the car, I don't. I won't buy one for me, as it doesn't currently fit any of the slots in my garage. But as a tool to battle the S3/AMG35's of the world, it's welcome to the battle arena...

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 2