Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBananaz18 View Post
I know I'm gonna catch it for saying this but I'd rather have the 2020 JCW clubman.
I like the Clubman for different reasons. But as a former MINI fan an early adopter of the brand (Going all the way back to 2002), I find current F56 based MINIs to be overpriced and quite frankly long on the proverbial tooth.

In that segment, my money is on this new 2er, FWD and all.
Minis have always been over priced for what you get but the 2020 clubman and countryman JCWs really have to get you thinking twice. I'm sure the clubman will be smaller than this but when it comes to price and performance they're bang on identical. The question really becomes something to the effect of "do I want the cheapest model of the more expensive brand or the most expensive model of the cheeper brand?"

Disclaimer: Admittedly I am a little bias as I am a cpo clubman S owner.
I also have a first gen R55 Clubman S. I was also one of the very first in the US to take delivery of a new Clubman S back in early 2008. My current Clubman S is the second R55 (LCI Model)and last new MINI I bought back in '13.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 2