03-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #107
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Actually BMW has differentiated itself in the market in the past, by NOT being the same as the others.

Agree 100 percent that you have to field a product in the space... BMW abandoned this product niche ( which they practically invented, and dominated for decades, then left it for dead, got their lunch handed to them in the space they abandoned , which cost them the luxury small vehicle sales crown they had held for years, and indeed, now they realized there is market share to be had and they have returned with milquetoast to sop up whatever leftovers are around.

BMW needs to hit a home run here. Mercedes already has facelift CLA out already. In many ways the X7, as well as X3M, X4M are also models that BMW has come to market late with.

If a G87 coupe has the green light , BMW should be looking at a sedan off the same chassis as well, I can't imagine how an E90 M3 sized sedan wouldn't sell if the coupe will.

BMW not fielding a 1 series sedan or a 2 series sedan in this product segment for a decade or so just is so
I guess I needed a sarcasm tag. I was trying out my corporate voice.
Appreciate 1