Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

And I agree the F-chassis cars sucked nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Anything is better than the F series cars, even a fwd "coupe."
I'm keen to hear both your thoughts on what you didn't like about the F-generation, is that all of them you're referring to or just the 2 or 4 series?
Going from E-series (E92) to F was going to be the most obvious upgrade for me but something has made me hang onto what I've got and think of waiting for something like a G80 to appear. Hearing about bad interior quality and worse driving dynamics are some things I've heard from others but wondered if you were referring to additional things too.
Cheers
All of them. Honestly the F10 was even worse than the F30, but we had an F30 for three years in the garage, so I'll speak to that. My wife had an E84 X1 x35i that was the perfect kid hauler. Some kids in a stolen car hit her and totaled it, so we needed a replacement.

Enter F30, which had just gotten the LCI and received lots of journalism praise for getting the steering back to almost okay and fixing some of the ride and interior issues of the pre-LCI. Well, while the pre LCI was truly a mess, the LCI was still bad. If you drove it and hit Sport+ and used DS, it felt mostly like an E90 with no steering feedback that just hated gas because it was shifting high up the rev band and wouldn't use top gears.

But you had to do that each time you turned it on. If you just got in, put it D and didn't hit Sport, it was the numbest, laziest thing possible. It made my parents old Mercedes seem inspired. I always said about those 90's Mercedes that they could go fast and they did handle okay, but they always seemed to be put out by the whole experience, like they'd really prefer to just be loafing around. That's how the F30 felt. You could make it go fast and it wasn't that bad at it, but it just always felt like it wasn't its preference. And that doesn't fit with any of my previous experience with BMWs of the M or non M realm. They always left the impression that if you just drove it sedately, the car was secretly disappointed in your lameness. The F30 welcomes lameness, gave it a soft pillow, a hug and sang it a song before bed.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9702.50
AD18350.50