03-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #83
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
There's a point of rwd diminishing returns though that is keyed to weight, wheelbase and traction available. I greatly prefer small, light, tossable cars with a manual. A fwd car that fits those parameters is often more fun than a rwd one that misses one, two or all of those. My high school CRX Si was always more fun than my parents 560SL/SEL/SEC and 500 SL's. Snoozefest, glorified taxis.

Of course a similarly sized rwd car will usually be more enjoyable than a similarly sized fwd or awd car, but when smallish rwd cars aren't available in a class, I'm willing to defect to pullers.
the CRX SI beats the pants off the Honda Acccord Coupe in the fun department. A Honda Acccord coupe in the 1990s was a total snoozer of a car.... I know because I owned the Acccord... and would have much preferred the CRX.

The problem here is this upcoming 2 series is not a small sporty 2 dr hatch with a very short wheelbase. BMW has that already from the same platform and it's badged MINI.
BMW also has a stretched version of the MINI badged Countryman... which I am sure is much more likely what this 2er will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I remember around 2010-2011 some article broke stating that like 80-90% of 1-series customers didn't know their car was RWD. This was an enthusiast-dedicated vehicle btw.

It's been nearly a decade later and needless to say, people care about tech and comfort even more now. And thanks to Instagram culture the need to show off a badge is even bigger too.

For every 1 dude/gal like us there's probably 99 who don't give a shit how the car drives.
Agree... this may even sell very well ala the F48 X1.... there just will be no interest from me. A shame, because I put my name in at my local dealer over 3 years ago hoping for an RWD M2 Gran Coupe.

now BMW has introduced a 2 er gran coupe.. and it's not gonna be M (for now) and it's also not gonna be RWD.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 03-20-2019 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00