03-20-2019, 12:40 PM   #58
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Jeff View Post
First off, the "stereortypical" Hoftmeister Kink is outdated and is down right right ugly in today's design language.

This is why BMW has modified it on their models. BMW can't sell cars that are outdated. Get over yourselves and accept the fact the new "kinks" are much more tastefully integrated into the car's design.

Next.... Bling sells expensive cars/suvs. This is why the grills are so large. The car needs to stand out. I think it looks great. Again, you stodgy farts need something to do. If you don't like the car don't buy it. Last time I checked BMW is setting sales records. Somebody must like them.

I'm planning on purchasing an M340i when it comes out. I've owned 2 Bimmers in the past and looking forward to my next one.

Until the next time.
A bit extreme but not untrue. BMW's design language became stale with some of their F-chassis cars, notably the 3-series and X5 which were just a nip-and-tuck of the cars they replaced with shitty driving dynamics to go with it. I'll throw in the current G11 7-series too which has been absolute disappointment, it's no wonder sales have been slow. That refresh couldn't come soon enough.

The Hofmeister is still there, but more angled and modern...which follows suit with what the rest of the auto industry has done. It's a welcome change to me.
Appreciate 0