09-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #27
doublecup
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E86Z View Post
Resurrecting an old thread to help others. Thanks to op and the contributors making this so much easier.

I just did this, my car is a 2011 and the seats were 2009. The wiring diagrams kind of helped but here's what I did:

Passenger side very easy
I used one of these to connect the two wires 7 and 9 on the seat side

Driver side
Same deal but you have to bridge the plus side and the ground
So two of those connectors, red and black wire with the red and brown. Then brown with brown.

I managed to take a few pictures of the drivers side wiring:

Thank you sooooooo much for this post! I have an LCI with heat + power base seats, got LCI sports ones and naively figured it was plug and play. Look around and see everyone talking about repinning connectors and such which is well beyond my comfort zone (am comfortable mechanically, not so with electric stuff). Pretty confused about what to do.

Of course the seats came with lumbar maxed out, literally felt like a basketball was wedged behind me. Came across your post...never seen those connectors but easily found locally. Your directions made sense, pics were super helpful. Verified wiring diagrams so I'm not just following stuff blindly. Still makes sense. Proceed with splicing and BAM! All works perfectly, no more basketball, seats comfy af. Really appreciate it!

Appreciate 0