View Single Post
      12-09-2021, 06:50 AM   #18278
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
When I was in grade school, dad showed me how to "rejuvenate" dry cell batteries. Place batteries in oven, then set oven on low. Remove batteries after 30 minutes and enjoy a second battery life for your various battery consuming toys, flashlights, etc.

Well, one day I did what he showed me, then went outside to play... and I forgot about the batteries. Boom! They exploded all over the inside of mom's oven. Oh man, was she ever pissed!
I had never tried it, but I remember a friend of mine complaining about his battery life in his Nintendo Game Boy. He said that his dad, IIRC, would boil the batteries, then put them in the fridge over night.

I was that spoiled brat that had rechargeable batteries....but then again, I wasn't too spoiled; I never owned a Game Boy. My youth was spent working and being grounded.

Not oven related but similar. Mom and Step Dad built a really damn nice house when I was the ripe age of 12ish. First time the brand new dishwasher was used, I used regular dishwashing soap. I had no idea, I had never lived in a house with a dishwasher; shid, I was the dishwasher. New home, barely completed a week. The suds man....
Now I've seen dishwashers that have experienced the same and the entire inside of the dishwasher was full of suds, but this was different. Being young and stupid, I did not go sparingly on the soap. The suds were wall to wall countertop high. My poor mother came into the kitchen, where I stood about waist height in wall to wall suds; she then started crying, ran out of the house, got in car and drove off. I always wondered what happened to her and where she is these days. I'm kidding, but she really did bolt out of that house that way. She came back home late that night, my step-sisters and I had the mess cleaned up, but didn't realize that if not ALL of the soap was cleaned out of the dishwasher, it was going to happen again.....and it did the next evening, just not as bad.

All this time, as an adult; I've wondered why my mother and I don't have a great relationship, then as I'm typing this, the puzzle pieces just seem find their way together.
Appreciate 1
Buug95917382.50