05-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitigor View Post
hey.. you never gave a better review about your b14s since it was too cold. Is it warmer enough for you to have a better feel of the suspension, and how it actually changes the handling / driving feel of the car?

How do you like them, from what i gathered they are quite stiff. Does the steering still feel "light."

How did the car's actual steering feel change after you got the coilovers?

Just a few words would do wonders, thanks! Btw, your car looks awesome
When it is +15C and above they are a lot better. I can't say how much that is down to the tires or the suspension though as I changed them both at the same time but I can't remember feeling this drastic changes with temperature on KW suspension. But now they are firm, but in a good and sporty way.

If you go hard into a corner and there are bumps in it the car is still planted and it still keeps the line you took as when on stock m sport it unsettled the car and you had to correct the line. It gives you a lot more confidence pushing the car. It has a lot less body roll too.

The steering hasn't changed in "weight" from what I can tell if you just put it down to suspension. The wider and lower tires has converted comfort mode into sport mode when it comes to stiffness. Turn in is a lot better and more direct but that is down to both tires and suspension (less body roll).

As I said above they feel a lot smoother now in warmer temperatures so they are quite OK and if I would have only driven them in these conditions I wouldn't have complained as hard as I did before in the cold. It is like night and day.

So to summarize I can say that I like them A LOT in the warm. They make you want to push the car in every corner and roundabout just because you can. But when it's cold they are very stiff (almost rock hard the first 1-2 min before they have warmed up a bit) so my winter will be interesting!
Appreciate 0