View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
muskamatt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Looking for track advice from the experts

Hi,

I want to start off by saying I am posting this here as I find e90 post to be one of the very active and up to date forums on all topics. I own an e92 335i as a daily driver but am considering some future endeavors with my father in regards to a track car.

He is a huge chevrolet fan so the car I would like to propose to him is a used C5 Z06. I am trying to convince him to pursue this kind of a project rather than something silly (such as a Factory Five Roadster or something of that sort).

Please, track guys chime in, how would this car fare? I anticipate large $$$ in tires, brakes, oil etc. Please advise on other expenses if you can. Transportation can be easily taken care of, but what I am really looking for is a car that we are going to have FUN in (no more garage queen bull$hit).

This will not be daily driven. This can be towed to events. This car will eat tires and brakes. I am looking for all words of advice. If any former C5 Z06 owners, corvette owners, or guys that see these cars often at the track can chime in about this topic, I would really appreciate it.

Please, if possible, provide 'on topic' discussion. A lotus, or an e36 or that kind of thing just will not work (it isn't my $), but I have a feeling a large group of individuals could provide me with some useful knowledge, and for that I truly appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0