View Single Post
      05-26-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
friscogypsee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: planning my getaway

Do it yourself bro!! Or go to a good custom shop and get something quality installed. You can get a way better sounding system if you go aftermarket. It does get a little complicated though, do you keep the stock head unit? Replacing it will just butcher the look so I will keep it and just change all the stock spkrs with maybe Focal speakers? Add a good amplifier and then theres always the sub option, many options. I like one small quality sub in a custom enclosure, selling my 2 13" Focal subs with huge heavy box cause I dont want to lose any of my 135i's muscle. I'm looking at nice light rims and it just seems dumb to spend money on light rims and put a big heavy box in ur trunk. Well see how it sounds without the subs, I know some good speakers and quality amplifier can sound amazing. And just make sure to go to someone good who can integrate all the components well, That is my advice though, there are devices that you may know about like JLcleanweep, that integrate your head unit with the aftermarket speakers and amps. I will most likely go this route in two weeks when my 135i finally gets here, ill post my opinions if anyone is interested. Maybe pics too:iono:
Appreciate 0