View Single Post
      11-20-2017, 07:51 PM   #5
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by najnad View Post
I finally got to get hands on the new 2018 X3 M40i and even a test drive at my local dealership. While overall it is better looking and more powerful than my 2011 X3 35i M-Sport, there are a few annoyances:

1. No ///M steering wheel. It may have a "sport" steering wheel, it is not an ///M wheel and is different than what is available on the X5M, M3, etc. Should be an option to get the real ///M wheel, but there is no option for that, despite all the ///M logos all over the place. I prefer the ///M wheel.

2. Rear badging looks cheap in person, swapping the X3 to the driver's side in a different font and a large ///M40i on the passengers side. Should have kept the X3 on the passenger's side in the same font as other X3's and put the ///M40i on the side like they have on other models.

3. Driver's seating position...something just felt off. I didnt measure anything, but it almost felt like the dash was higher in the new X3, throwing off the sight lines from the driver's seat.

4. Exhaust note was great, esp in sport mode.

5. New displays, both HUD and Nav, were very good.

6. Rear seats can recline slightly, more of a gimmick in my opinion.

Beyond that, there wasnt much that was significantly different, good or bad, to the F25 in my opinion.

I did notice the new X3's have an active grill, they open or close, but the salesperson I spoke with didnt know what triggered them to open or close other than if the engine was on. But then again, she didnt know much about the X3 other than it was new...

Looks like i will be waiting for the X3M and skip the X3 M40i...
How about interior quality finish and materials. Is it really 100% better than the F25/26 especially the LCI?
Appreciate 0