DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaywood View Post
I consider my detailing skills to be decent, but definitely not worthy of any before/after threads on here. Anyway, my car remains covered up for most of the week while it sits in a parking lot at Pepperdine University, but when it gets on the dirty side, I don't cover it because I've heard that it will rub the dust/dirt into the paint and cause little scratches.

Anyway, there were a few days early in the year when I parked under a tree without a cover for the shade factor, but it turned out that a few birds (that must have been HUGE) shat all over my car, notably on the hood. Now, I didn't get to go home to wash it off for a few days, and now there are a few spots on my car where the paint appears grey/faded/glossless where the bird crap had been. I'm obviously really pissed about this because (sadly) one of my biggest fears before enrolling at Pepperdine was the lack of sheltered parking.

These spots won't be fixed by polishing or waxing, at least by hand since my Porter Cable hasn't arrived yet. The car has not been clayed since I bought it almost a year ago and it's certainly time to do so, although I'm not sure if this will help.

Any suggestions? I can take pictures if necessary. I apologize for the noobish post.
Clay will not help you here. Clay is for removing impurities from the clear coat, I dont think your P.C. will help either, fact is, bird poop is extremely detrimental to paint, black in specific as it shows up the most. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. Not sure what to do here. GL OP!