Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
My experience with my 335i, 08' M3, and 16' M3 and based on what I'm hearing from these very forums, if you take away the fanboy posts.

Keep in mind I am talking about performance here and driving at 9/10th and 10/10ths, which is what I care about about and bought into with the //M badge

BMW has poor rebound suspension tuning, over zealous traction / stability algorithms that are not intuitive and fight you rather than work with you, brakes that vibrate and pulse (my 16' M3 experience) poor traction and trouble putting the power down.

This is all my opinion from a performance car guy who isn't brand loyal and values performance and handling over luxury and brand prestige.

I think this is exactly right, and this is coming from a BMW Fanboy. TRZ06 specifically states that all he cares about is performance and handling, in which case, honestly, I think the right answer is something like the Camaro. I mean, the ZL1 1LE did the ring in 7:16. 7:16!!! And the car costs roughly the same as the M2C.

TRZ06 , if I were you, I would definitely stay away from the M2C, and get the Camaro instead.

While I would love it if the M2C also had that level of performance and handling, it simply doesn't. But, by the same token, I got the M2C precisely because it is a mix of performance and handling AND luxury and brand prestige.
I didn't go the ZL1 1LE route, but I did go the 2SS 1LE route.

It runs circles around my outgoing M3 in every performance matrix except straight line.
Attached Images

13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0