07-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #18
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcallquest View Post
Does anyone know who the very best BMW body shop is in D.C.?
If you haven't done it already, get in touch with the local BMW CCA Chapter (for you it will be National Capital Chapter www.nccbmwcca.org ). If anybody is going to have a handle on the best BMW body shops in the area, it's club members! Check their website, check their newsletter and if they have a local forum, check that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcallquest View Post
Parts? I have a feeling it will take months due to the 1 series' newness.
I had a truck back into the front of my 135 a few weeks ago and trash the front bumper cover, hood and core support so I know exactly what you're going through!! I was devastated as well. Fortunately, we have a body shop in Houston that lives and breathes BMW's and he's a personal friend of mine so I was fortunate in that respect (plus it was strictly cosmetic damage). I had the same concern about parts but it turns out he was able to get the hood, bumper cover and core support in about 3 days from BMW!!

To put your mind at ease, if they don't total the car and you DO have it repaired, as long as they take their time and do it correctly, it can be just like new. I have mine back now and it's perfect! I took it to the dealership to have the used car manager look at it so I could get an estimate for dimished value to give to the insurance guy...he couldn't tell what had been repaired or replaced and said I would be lucky to get $1K for diminished value.

Yours sounds like it was hit much harder than mine but if you find a good body shop, they can work miracles! Best of luck!!!

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0