View Single Post
      03-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstepy View Post
I don't mind losing the triangles for RED/YELLOW/GREEN lines on the highways like pretty much every other NAV system out there... but there has to be a way to have those colored lines on the standard NAV screen rather then having to specifically select the ugly traffic map... RIGHT???
jstepy, there is a way to get what you want, but I haven't explained it well for you. My car's still tucked away in hibernation for a couple more weeks (I hope!) so I can't give you exact instructions.

What I remember is that there are sub-menus from the "map views" nav menu (it's the same menu that you change from north facing map to 3D map, etc.). There are other options further down that menu that let you determine what is displayed on the standard map (i.e. POIs). Play around in that area and you'll find a couple of options that can be "checked". One is for road hazard signs (i.e. construction) and another is for traffic. The traffic one is the one that turns on the red and yellow lines on the standard map.

PM me in a couple of weeks if you haven't found those options and I will be able to give you a more exact description.

On a completely separate note, has anyone noticed when you press the "Options" button in nav mode, there is an option for map colors? There's a option for standard colors and alternative colors, but I don't notice any difference in the map view with in either mode. Anyone else?

Last edited by hinckley; 03-23-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0