View Single Post
      09-09-2023, 05:20 PM   #40
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassWholeBimmer View Post
The free shipping on all orders, regardless of price, pays for itself. Just ordered an oil filter for my John Deere tractor. Next day delivery, right to my door step. Other than needing lumber or big ticket / bulky items, hardly ever step foot in a Home Depot.

Wasp spray.... Check....
Cleaning supplies. Check...
Light bulbs... Check..
Husqvarna chain saw blades... Got that too.
I can tell you, you’re paying for the shipping in the price. 10 years ago Amazon had the best price and free shipping, today Amazon’s prices have creeped up to cover shipping. How do I know this, I found the same product on the actual company’s website for a price lower than on Amazon, if you buy direct from the company, and have them ship direct to you it’s the same price as Amazon. I seen this a number of times. Because of this I have been going direct to company website to buy things to cut out Amazon profits. Just last week I found the exact same car part made by the same company on eBay for $10 less for $65 part Amazon with free shipping.

Long and short Amazon has condition everyone just to buy from them thinking faster shipping and lower price is what you get with Prime. It’s no longer the case, since they stop loosing money every quarter (investing in the future what they told everyone) to turning a profit now.
Appreciate 0