View Single Post
      08-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #20
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
I will wager that because the front springs are directional and asymmetric, they are installed upside down putting undue stresses on the shock tower/top hat. You need to KNOW how to look at them to orient them the correct way. If they were a non-Dinan dealer chances are they did not have a Dinan install reference?
OP, this is likely your issue. I experienced the exact same thing with my Dinan springs and the shock tower after it was installed by a local shop . Before I knew this was the cause of the problem I called Dinan and explained that my BMW Service Dept refused to even look at my car since it had Dinan springs (yes it was a piss off) and that I took it to a well known exotic performance shop and had them diagnose that the problem was the shock mount. Dinan was nice enough to cover the cost of the repair under their warranty terms (making me forever a Dinan customer).

A month later I noticed the same clicking noise coming from the left side and inspected it for myself. I realized that the spring on that side was installed upside down. This time I am going to have to pay for the repair myself as it wouldn't be fair to make Dinan pay for it again now that I realize the original installers did it incorrectly.
Appreciate 1