omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Yep - better put than what I had. I think Apogee makes one / used to make one that would charge the phone as well. Basically music comes out of phone into Apogee into car via Aux in. Power comes out of car USB into Apogee then into iPhone. That's an expensive option though.

One thing we haven't really touched on is what you are using for source files. If you're looking to stream Pandora for example the BT option may be the path of least resistance and make no noticeable impact on sound quality while still allowing you to charge your phone and boost the volume. FLAC files you're opening up a whole other can of worms that's not easily solvable without a DMP as Viffermike pointed out.
Do you happen to remember the name of the product Apogee makes or do you have any other suggestions I can look at? I really need the best but at a reasonable price point for what I'm getting?

I don't stream music, I only listen to what I have on my music library on the iPhone. It's a mix of iTunes downloads and CD transfers which are done with Apple Lossless Recoder.

I also use Google Maps for traffic info (as BMW RTTI doesn't have a wide coverage in Turkey) so I also need to hear the voice commands from it as well, will these products work with that as well?

Last edited by omera60; 04-20-2017 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0