View Single Post
      11-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
Wisly
Private
Croatia
Rep
Drives: X1 18d

Hi, I write first time here. I drive 2005 1 series 116i and originaly it was with 16" runflats, so to get better ride quality, at first tyre change I bought 16" non run flats and that made ride much smoother.

Now I am interested in new X1 18d sdrive automatic. I tested it with 17" non run flats and I expected much better ride quality. In the town streets you can feel too much of tyre roll through cabin and seats. On rear seats it gets even worse. I almost gave up from the car because when I returned back to my 2005 116i it was much smoother ride quality.

On one hand I understand that taller car like X1, X3, X5 must have harder dumpers for sporty BMW ride and lower cars like 1,3,5 series can have softer dumpers and better ride quality. But on the other hand X1 is a luxury SUV by it's price and should have better and softer ride quality which I expected. I want that all passengers in the car feel comfortable.

So now I am reconsidering X1 again but with front sport seats + EDC ( electronic dumpers control ) because I hope that these two will add more comfort for the ride.
I don't want to order the car before I test it with EDC dumpers to see is it really better or it is still the same. Does anyone have experience with EDC dumpers in comfort mode? Is it a good thing? Maybe you know some link to see how it works?

From the BMW dealer they sent me a detailed explanation that EDC really makes ride more comfortable, better safety, reduces vibrations, feel of bumps and holes on the road is reduced to minimum. They also wrote that with EDC there is COMFORT, NORMAL, SPORT and SPORT+ mode.

I really don't want to buy a car and be dissapointed with ride quality because then I will rather look for some other car like 3 series touring which is in similar price range. But I really like X1 ! Thanks for advices
Appreciate 0