View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #109
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarlasaM View Post
You are correct. But it was a decade ago, you have to move along with times. That type of philosophy won't work today. They have to appeal to the masses, so they can continue to offer vehicles like the M2, M3/M4. Companies have to adopt, and tailor there products to what the majority of people who buys there product want, that’s how they stay relevant. Or you end up like blackberry for example.
The newest trend are the EVs & autonomy, So now they have to adapt, research and develop the tech, so they can stay, competitive, relevant and stay in business.
Well said.

Seems many an 'enthusiast' has missed where the market has moved to, diesel, SUV, and now in a state of turmoil, as the motor industry moves towards EV.

Also remember the 'enthusiast' is also going the way of the dinosaur. For many the performance car is no longer a priority in owning a BMW. The diesel 320d has proven that in many countries.

Strange thing, that some enthusiasts don't seem to grasp, other 'enthusiasts', (also valid opinions) don't want an M-car. They just don't fill the brief for many users. The M-performance range are a good compromise.

Cars like the new M135i & M235i GC sit there at the bottom of the M-performance range, more choice for those who are in that particular market.
Appreciate 3
Weiman153.50
Bufalo124.00