View Single Post
      06-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #21
CAMOETO
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbruin108 View Post
For all those interested, I installed the Dinan Midpipe with the MPE on my M240i.

I talked about it in another thread but you are correct, the Dinan Midpipe will not naturally mate up with the MPE because the 2 sides that are suppose to mate up are both around the same size, approx 3" in diameter. The MPE mated with the stock midpipe because the stock midpipe outlet/inlet was smaller, about 2.5" so the MPE went right above it. I haven't measured the stock exhaust but I am assuming it went inside the stock midpipe inlet. That is why I think the Dinan midpipe, having a 3" outlet went around the stock exhaust with no issues. I could confirm this since they are all in my garage but I'm too lazy but its the only scenario that makes sense to me. haha

So I had to modify the dinan side a little to mate the MPE but that combination is just on a whole new world. It sounds great and I just love it. Better than MPE alone with stock midpipe by a mile. Better than stock exhaust with Dinan midpipe by an equal mile. No drone and can be quiet if you don't really push on the gas (e.g. at a red light) or just cruising in eco mode) but on WOT or just a little throttle, it comes alive. A lot more responsive too and I attribute that to the midpipe with no resonators. My favorite mod so far. Even more than the Dinan Elite tune I got. =)
That's great info, thanks! I wonder if cutting off a couple of inches from the Dinan midpipe and then using a 3" sleeve clamp to mate the two will work... Are you sure the MPE pipe diameter is 3"?

BTW, the stock exhaust (non-MPE) is one piece with the stock midpipe. To install the MPE, it's a a cut and clamp procedure.
Appreciate 0