Rep
Drives: 2021 m135i xdrive f40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlover96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishta.Silva View Post
Hey guys,

Got my M235i GC 2 months ago.

Before I bought mine, I was loaned another for the weekend. That car felt and sounded great which is why I bought the one I have now.

My car has a horrid metallic sound on hard acceleration.
BMW has had my car for 2 weeks, and they are trying to tell me that the sound is normal. However they can't tell me where the sound is coming from or what is making it. Just that they've had a "few" complaints and that they've deemed it normal.

They have another M235i GC at the dealer and that one also does it, but the one I was loaned made no noise.

I don't have a sound clip or a video to show you guys atm - sorry.

I will try and explain it.

it's a continuation of the same sound note ending and beginning in succession... the successions and volume of the note speeds up and heightens the harder you accelerate...

The noise is quite loud when driving it next to a barrier or wall with the window open. This happens mostly on pull off under medium to hard acceleration. The noise is also louder while the car is cold, but it can also be heard when hot.
I can't hear the noise with the windows closed or without a wall or barrier to reflect the sound back to me. The car has to be under reasonable acceleration.

I was leaving my place of work and I heard it for the first time when gunning it a bit... mates were all outside watching... and listening....

Car will not make the noise under regular stationary acceleration or under low load.

Could the M235i GC owners in this forum please check their cars for the sound?

I'd appreciate your help.
Quote:
Hey guys,

Before I bought mine, I was loaned another for the weekend. That car felt and sounded great which is why I bought the one I have now.

BMW has had my car for 2 weeks, and they are trying to tell me that the sound is normal. However they can't tell me where the sound is coming from or what is making it. Just that they've had a "few" complaints and that they've deemed it normal.

They have another M235i GC at the dealer and that one also does it, but the one I was loaned made no noise.

it's a continuation of the same sound note ending and beginning in succession... the successions and volume of the note speeds up and heightens the harder you accelerate...

The noise is quite loud when driving it next to a barrier or wall with the window open. This happens mostly on pull off under medium to hard acceleration. The noise is also louder while the car is cold, but it can also be heard when hot.
I can't hear the noise with the windows closed or without a wall or barrier to reflect the sound back to me. The car has to be under reasonable acceleration.

I was leaving my place of work and I heard it for the first time when gunning it a bit... mates were all outside watching... and listening....

Car will not make the noise under regular stationary acceleration or under low load.

Where are you located?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlover96 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

Quote:
Hey guys,

Where are you located?
He's from Australia if I'm correct, I'm from Italy.
Did someone manage to watch my video guys?
Appreciate 0