Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_doctor View Post
I honestly don't see the point in a 2 series grand coup. Just get a 3 series if you want 4 doors.
It's a practicality vs. size thing. I love the size of my lady's M2, but the practicality of our F80. At some point in the not too distant past, BMW had sedans that hit that 2er size "sweet spot" which also retained the characteristic RWD setup - but they don't offer anything like that anymore.

Many, myself and M3 Adjuster included, have been saying that a small, M2-sized sedan (getting full M treatment, RWD, and MT option) would sell like hotcakes. They just refuse to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
You apparently have the same blind spot as BMW.

Yet one competitor has A3 and A4 sedans and the other has A and C sedans.

I'm gonna give credit to BMW for recognizing that they somehow developed a blind spot and misunderstood the market and need to make a compact sedan , but FWD only. Cmon man!!
The funny thing is that BMW created this segment (small, sporty, MT, RWD coupes and sedans), and then allowed their competition to run away with all the sales...

The approach is just baffling - why any company would take the most known and differentiating characteristics associated with their brand (see examples above), toss them aside, and just get in line with everyone else, seems counter-intuitive to me.

I am at a complete loss as well. And on top of it all, BMW only intends to create some milquetoast models while Mercedes doubles down and amps things up with sporty AMG models and even wagons that will slay this vehicle.
Appreciate 2
10"4946.00
dmboone254970.50