Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtl0ck3r View Post
Congrats on the car!

For the record, BMW has also said FWD cars aren't real BMW's.

Not sure about that crossover and suv statement, I think its gotten out of hand. BMW is trying to cater to everyone and with cars like this, it dilutes the brand.

Yes and there was a time when people said EV-cars wont ever be mainstream or the combustion engine would be with us forever because that was the epitome of technology.

So what we have learned is times change and history is history no matter how stupid a statement has come from a company and i am pretty sure BMW has changed quite a lot sens then, not only due to harder regulations on them but also because people get replaced on the board of directors. And the newer people wants the brand to go in a different direction, and for better or for worse and most of the time change is good and is needed.

Unfortunately it seems history is quite hard to let go especially at bimmerposts forums, sens people still can't get over the change that has happened to the 4 series even though the 4 series has only existed with the release of the F series car and that was in mid 2013 and the M4 came in around 2014 and that ain't all to long ago.

So if Ford can pull of a crazy as car like the Ford Focus RS is, and i am talking about the previous generation RS with the wonderful diff that it had at the time.

I am quite sure BMW can pull of a FWD based car and the FWD based x-drive that is great fun to drive. And still keep in their lineup of great RWD cars and also cater to the FWD crowd.

And to OP enjoy the car in good health and start modding the car in anyway you want and start spanking those SUV people

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 1