05-23-2020, 05:40 PM   #14
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
Sales are doing great, actually. We're full steam ahead after opening up a week ago. X models continue to dominate. The 5 series has slowed. The 3 series is going steady.

As for this 2gc, I sold one since it's arrival. The only reason the customer bought it is because they needed cheap payments. This two is only going to sell because it's cheap. That's all. So far, from all the feedback from other advisors, no one has had any sort of emotional attachment to this car when leasing it. They've sold because they are cheap.

I think Bmw knew what they were doing. When they discontinued the 320i they needed something to replace it and this was the answer. They probably figured they would spend the absolute minimum on R&D in developing a car that will cost them very little to make.

Think of this car as the last resort, Honda/Toyota/Nissan shopper, high school graduate, bad credit, need something cheap buyers car.
I read your post and I went back to the configurator since there is dissonance between what you state and what I last remember: a 2gc is certainly not cheap.
Appreciate 0