09-09-2016, 10:19 AM   #9
07tundra
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 8.1L Chevy 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeWhizzle View Post
Yes initially thinking that selling your AT car and buying a Manual version WOULD make sense.. But not for those who have owned their AT cars for a long time. Having performed lots of proper maintenance and took very good care of their 335i. So why would you want to sell your well maintained car for something possibly not maintained and taken AS GOOD of care? All just for a 6spd manual? Not worth it in my case. That is actually a bigger risk than doing the swap as you never know.. could end up with a lemon. Especially if you have tons of mods and personal touches done to the vehicle. Having to uninstall all of them and put it back to stock to sell so you don't take as much of a loss compared to selling it as is, is a lot more work than performing the manual swap. I did my manual swap. It was easy. Finding parts weren't so hard and they were quite cheap. Selling the AT parts takes time, but in the end once you do, you basically cover your costs for the manual parts.
Exactly this and the swap is not difficult. The swap is still relatively new and kinks are still being worked out on the coding side. In my opinion there isn't a viable AT solution (30% head room is not much) it's better than nothing. MNC charges alot in my opinion ($5,200) if you can't work on your own car that is a viable solution for the swap.