View Single Post
      06-10-2022, 05:24 PM   #1
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Airstream Trailer

So this might be a departure but here goes, and no doubt there will be opinions. My wife just retired and I've been retired for a few years. We are both 61, fit and active. Our plan for retirement in the winter months was to go south, rent a house or AirBnB for January to March, the prices have gone through the roof. We could manage it, but can't justify it. We have been boaters, 36' Sailboat and 30+' powerboats so like the gypsy lifestyle. We have lots of friends who do the motorhome thing, and we like the vibe but we think a travel trailer might be more our speed.

We are looking at Airstreams, not as cheap or roomy as other travel trailers but they suit us, my wife is eclectic, she likes marching to the beat of a different drum and so do I.

The cash outlay is a bit more upfront but renting a "pad" for a few months is cheaper and the ability to road trip and see different places really appeals to us.

We're just bought a Ram 1500 ecodiesel which can tow a trailer up to 30' easily, we are looking at a 28' trailer this weekend.

Call me crazy Rhoda (the old folks will get that), so let me have it. Is this stupid, I can take the feedback, advice, thoughts and opinions. You can't hurt my feelings because I don't have any.
Appreciate 2
sygazelle11492.00
Dino GT35134.50