View Single Post
      10-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #16
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

The F8x M presents several unique challenges from both a brake packaging and wheel geometry standpoint. Companies like HRE are uniquely aligned to respond very quickly to new requirements like the ones that the F8x chassis presents. For the time being bespoke solutions from HRE are bar none the best choice.

Fortunately for our clients IND has installed literally every wheel in our inventory on the F8x cars, and we are at this point intimately familiar with the suspension and brake systems of the car, as well as the car's wheel well packaging. We can help guide a client to the appropriate HRE sizes and create a bespoke solution for each F8x M.

With that said, more choices are also coming within the year from manufacturers like BBS.

I have actually been hosting executives from BBS North America and BBS Germany yesterday and today, and naturally our main topic of conversation has been the F8x M.

I have been working with BBS to develop some new ideas for this car in the correct sizing, but BBS' biggest strength also results in a longer time-to-market: BBS will not release a product that they do not have complete confidence in.

For this reason, BBS has actually been testing it's new ideas for the better part of 6 months with road testing, chemical testing, and load testing in lab environments. All I can say for now is that the new BBS product will be absolutely revolutionary in several ways, and will surpass many currently available wheel technologies.

BBS also has a very appealing lower cost option coming in the near future.

In the interim, HRE is one of the few high quality wheel manufacturers that can create wheels for the car. Their ability to build custom sizes and offsets has enabled HRE to be ahead of the curve a bit!

I know that this type of cryptic language can be frustrating, but if I have learned anything in over a decade in this industry, it is that being the first to market typically comes at a tremendous cost, not only to the suppler but to the consumer as a result of a less than perfect product.