View Single Post
      05-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
LarryK1000
Larry from Los Angeles
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

TO IMoY:

From reading the LED bulb websites, I recall that the heat in the resistor is normal. It is dissipating the extra heat it draws to fool the car into thinking that a full 5 watt bulb is installed.

I also remember that they said you have to be VERY careful where you place the resistor: You are supposed to mount it on METAL on a flat surface so that the metal surface acts as a heat sink and that you are NOT supposed to put the resistor near anything that can melt.

So, just check your location. You might have to move it slightly.

Confirmation Question:

So, you did NOT get any fault codes from the SIDE marker lights or the footwell, domelight, etc., lights on the inside.

That is GREAT, because getting a YELLOW or ORANGE side market light in the LED's would look cool. Since these things are $2 a piece, for $10 with shipping, you can throw them out if you don't like them.

My Mercedes has the marker lights in the side mirrors (they are LED), and they really catch people's attention when you are turninig so they don't turn in front of you. This is especially true when they are on the side of your car.

The sites I went to were:

superlumination.com (both LED and super white regular bulbs)

and

superbrightleds.com

So, please confirm side marker lights don't give a fault.

Thanks.

Larry
Appreciate 0