View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
Milty
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Upgrades and Setback

I've been lurking for a while and decided to post tonight due to a setback with my first upgrade. I purchased my M235i a month or so ago and starting reading through a bunch of your threads to decide on an upgrade plan for the little lady. After talking with BMS and Mike at N54tuning I decided to go with the following upgrades (in order):

1: BMS Intake (delivered/installed/uninstalled)
2: ER Chargepipe (on the way, thanks Mike!)
3: JB4 (few months down the road)
4: ER Downpipe (couple months further)

From stock, I installed the BMS intake. I drove it for over 10 miles with no CEL issues. The next day I was off to work and hit the highway with no problems (sounds great!). Headed out for lunch and within 10 minutes of driving I got a CEL. Turning the car off and back on did not reset the CEL.

After work, drove straight home and checked the code (P00BD). I cleared it and took it back out. Within 10 minutes of driving (40mph) my car sharply rose from 1,500 to 4,00 rpm and back down to 1,500 (ECO-MODE). At the same time, the CEL popped on and turned back off as soon as the spike went down. Once on the highway, i had a few more occurrences at random speeds in the three main modes (ECO/COMFORT/SPORT).

At this point I decided to go straight home and take out the BMS intake and re-install the OEM intake. I took it back out and had 1 flux then all was smooth and quiet just like before.

I'm in no way wanting to start a "flame war" or point fingers, just looking to see if this is unusual or if anyone has had the same problem. I am in contact with Ando @ BMS and the last thing I sent was photos of my install to make sure I did it properly. I can live with the CEL but not the rpm fluctuations.

Sorry this is a long first post, I'm just a bit frustrated wondering if I screwed it up or not. Thanks for all the posts to read through and I hope I can contribute to the group in future posts.
Appreciate 0