Thread: Coding an F40
View Single Post
      12-07-2023, 10:41 AM   #174
sjohn22
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjn View Post
1. Don't you have lock & unlock buttons, also a trunk unlock button, on the driver's door?

2. Remote engine start is likely to be not allowed, depending on where you are. In iDrive you can set the ventilation to start at a defined time.
CAR/Settings/Climate control/Auxiliary ventilation/Departure plan
I may not have defined this exactly, but that should be close enough.
Thank you for your reply and help!

About the 1., the doors, i do have those buttons - i can unlock all doors and boot from there. But im used to on all cars, even bmws before that i had driven for a while, they would unlock all doors after i opened the drivers door. For example, exiting the car by the drivers door and then trying to take something from the back seats. As it is now, i need to keep the key in hand and press the unlock button on the key, even though i just exited the car.

the #2, i did some research and as it now, this only heats the car using remaining heat from the engine. But if the car has been parked overnight, the engine will not have heat to provide to it.
I have programmed the hours on idrive, and when i get to the car i can still hear the fans but no heat is inside or coming from them.
Appreciate 0