Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...ding%20Content

Automakers are asking the administration to reopen the fuel economy rules which the EPA rushed to finalize last year. Based on current consumer preferences the goals are impossible to meet due to customer preference for SUV's and Trucks.
If we let consumer preference completely dictate what the market sells ... well, we would have cities with smog issues worse than Beijing and Mexico City, for starters.

Remember how quickly Hummer and large SUV sales tanked when fuel prices went over $3 a gallon? Yeeeeeeah. Such hogwash.

Impossible, my ass. Those vehicles are, by far, the ones with the largest profit margins for said companies. That's all they're protecting: profit -- which, I might add, most global energy companies are having no problems breaking the records of despite steadily rising vehicle efficiency standards first-worldwide.
Appreciate 4
Beartato881.50
Sam_M210.00
wdb4754.00