View Single Post
      04-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #1
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

M235i Coding Adventure

Finally had enough time off work to get all the software installed onto my laptop (over 7GB of files). Once installed I took my new E-SYS cable and connected to the OBD II port in the car. Note, if you haven't found this connection yet it took me a while. My old E92 had a little plastic door right above the hood release, not on the F22. Everything being black I had to take a flashlight up under the driver side before I found it. No cover on it, just sits along the side kick panel above and back from the trunk release button.

Fired up the car (you can put your car on battery tender instead) and connected my new cable to the port and into the laptop. Fired up my new software (without the needed token files) and hit "connect" and prayed it would work. After two or so minutes of files loading and the LAN connection establishing communication with the car I had an active connection

Not having all the software fully licensed for use yet I did some simple looking around and check to see if my car was supported with the default F20 file set. I was able to the read my cars VIN and populate all the internal settings in the software configuration. Really cool! I now have access to all the internal data settings stored in my ECU. Save a copy of the original settings (will back them up to be safe) and shutdown. Once i get the token files I will begin finding and coding the different settings.

Pretty exciting stuff that I get to be my normal computer geek self and play with my favorite toy at the same time. Will keep this thread updated with my experience as I proceed.
Appreciate 4