View Single Post
      11-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
ECBMW
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Metallic Grey M Sport

Quote:
I presume you had a contract before? Why not compare the two?
I have the two contracts but the problem is the first contract is way simple i.e. before the internet policy came out, if your expected to work outside of work hours, that you cant work two jobs etc etc

thanks for the link....

Quote:
How many of you are affected and if it is more than 20 is your employer going through a proper process of consultation? Has explained why he needs to change the contract? There must be a sound business need to introduce a change and he has no right to inforce a new contract willy nilly.

This is a very big area and you must study the contract carefully to see if there are any changes like notice period, garden leave, location of work, payment terms, redundancy rights over and above the statutory minimum, hours of work, benefits etc

I might have some info on my PC if so I will send you a pm
Everyone in the firm. The employer has said its mainly due to not having up-to-date contracts which is why this has been introduced, my contract doesnt seem to mention anything about redundancy unless its worded in a legal fashion but what would i be looking at to accept in this area?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0