View Single Post
      08-08-2008, 12:59 PM   #12
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

I can't even select USB on my iDrive, just AUX.

I have 6FL (iPod/USB) as well on my E92 M3 with enhanced sound and my iDrive only has AUX, not USB available for selection. However, when I do select AUX with my iPhone plugged in with the BMW-supplied USB+minijack-->iPod dock connector cable, I can see my iPhone's name on the iDrive screen as well as all the playlists, artists, albums, song titles, in their respective menu heirarchy. So apparently AUX input selection works just the same as how some have described choosing USB would work. Perhaps this is specific to cars with the enhanced (Individual) audio package? or is it because I use an iPhone and not a regular iPod?

Also, it looks like using the supplied cable charges my iPhone's battery as well, although there is a prompt when I first plug it in that asks if I want to put the iPhone is airplane mode but that disappears by itself and all iPhone functions works normally (music, voice calls, charging, etc)