04-25-2021, 06:02 PM   #7
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnazir541 View Post
Your car looks great! I also have the same liquid blue color on my e92 😎. If i go with the exact same setup as you but go 18 instead of 19, i should have a diameter difference of 0% which would be perfect but i don't think i can find tires with that size for some reason. But if i increase the height of the tire and go 40/35 instead it will give me a diameter diff of 0.8 percent. What are your thoughts on about going with that setup? Also if you can let me know how do i decide what rim size to go with? How do you go about selecting that? What advantages do you get with a bigger one and vice versa
Thanks! The blue water metallic is a great colour.
Biggest advantage to larger wheels is looks. Euro cars look great with larger rims. Plus the handling advantages of a low profile tire. Down sides would be : rims and tires cost more, ride is firmer with that smaller sidewall.
(My rear tires cost 400 each. )

Are you lowered or plan to? 18s will look fine, you will just have more rubber. My winter tire set up are 18s but square 245 all the way around.

Offset is very important too. You want them nice and flush vs tucked. Different Rims
Come in different offsets. I really wanted my back rims to have a concave face since I was going staggered.
I used a performance shop that does a lot
Of euro cars. They knew what offset and size would fit my needs.

Winter wheels :
Attached Images