ClawHammer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Convertible SS/SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
I just asked Park Lane myself a couple of weeks ago. Still a no go. The reason being there issues with regards to how warranties work in Europe and the UK. Or so I've been told. Apparently Europe has two year warranties where as the UK has three year warranties, and if you pick up the car in Germany instead of in the UK, somehow that affects how the warranty works.

A few years ago Park Lane had indicated they were going to look back into it, but as of right now, still not a chance.
Hi Railgun,
Thanks for this. Strange that I got a completely different story from BMW UK. If there was one genuine reason for them not continuing the factory collection from the UK then surely we'd all get the same reason from our dealer? Makes me think this is possible.

I really think it's a case of a lot of work and not much gain for BMW when it's individuals collecting cars from Germany. I can understand this as they're running a business after all and need to make money. I'd like to explore the possibility of BMW accommodating a group from the UK as a one off or maybe an annual event so it would be great to go to them with a list of members willing to do the group collection.

I'm on a couple of other car forums and one of them has a forum member who is employed by the manufacturer to specifically to read posts and answer forum members' questions on their behalf. Does anybody know if this is the case here?

Surely twenty odd BMW fanatics going over to Germany together to collect their vehicles would be a great publicity stunt for BMW?
Thanks,

CH.

P.S. When do you intend on purchasing?
Appreciate 0