mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rundmc_92 View Post
I understand what you're saying, I really do. But how many people wish they could take their performance car out in mediocre ->snowy weather instead of keeping them locked away in a garage during the winter (probably not many I know).

But, if all of a sudden you had the ability to feel semi-confident in inclement conditions, you might be convinced to go throw down out there. It allows you to use your badass M5 for a longer period of time anyway, so where's the harm in that?

Definitely would need snow tires because pretty sure M5's will all ship with performance summer tires.

To the other poster above......

I like this new strategy. AWD is great for faster sprints to 60 or 100. Also will help pull the car much FASTER around the track. Witness the 918's performance on track and know the AWD was instrumental to beat the P1 and LaFerrari all which had MORE horsepower and were lighter! AWD is a big benefit in all aspects. Don't let the small amount of weight fool you as that is a very worthwhile tradeoff unless you prefer to go slower
Appreciate 5